It's been a whole year since I was in New York and I am missing it. This is also the last installment of the NYC pictures. But the best way to celebrate something is with food so I'm glad I saved this one for the end.
This is just a list of descriptions I found in my journal about some of the food we ate in New York.
· The Indian food was amazingly good. It makes me want to eat Indian food every day.
· At 10 am the strawberry iced tea was the perfect answer to the impossible heat.
· The cinnamon Sugar Donut Hole was a vanilla cake ball. Light, crumbly, smothered in vanilla sugar and reminded me of home.
· Corn on the cob grilled with butter, cheese and powdered peppers. I'm going to have to give that a try.
· The first fish taco I ever ate and it certainly won't be my last.
· A chocolate croissant for breakfast. My favourite vacation breakfast. (Who am I kidding? It's my favourite breakfast. Always.)
· A terrible, doughy, Weston's style bagel with cream cheese. Yuk.
· Sugarless lemonade. Refreshing. (I still think about how good it was.)
· A lemon tart should always be this perfect. The exact ratio of sweet to sour and served on buttery pastry.
· The tallest lemon meringue pie I have ever seen.
· Without any water, the dissolving gel capsule Advil spread through my mouth and numbed it for over half an hour.
· Good guacamole is always best served with kitschy art.
· The chocolate croissant (a different one from earlier in the week) was the worst I ever had second only to the one I ate the following day at the Montreal airport. That one was the worst.
· Cheese plate with cabbage-apple slaw, raisins, walnuts and fruit bread. A second helping of bread? Yes, please.
· A bite of the best burger I have ever eaten. No joke.
· Entertained by Paulie of Paulie Gee's pizza. He's a super guy who loves his restaurant and is proud of his pizza. Rightfully so. It was really damn good.